Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grocery Store Stripper

As much as I dread grocery shopping with all three kids, i have found it necessary so as to get some me time after my husband gets home. To make this shopping trip a success, i need 2 carts, one for the food, and one for the kids. I need all kids to have been recently fed, and, ideally, a rather empty grocery store. Today, all the stars were aligned and i was given a not-so crowded store. On this particular day, however, my 2 year old for some reason, refused to wear pants, and begged me to put a diaper on her. She wouldnet tell me why, but it was warm, and so i complied. We walked into the Giant, and i got the same looks as i always do. The "oh that poor girl" look. I approached the deli counter and placed my order. The girls were actually behaving each other, the older ones singing to the baby. A middle aged man gave me a strange look and shook his head as he listened to my 2 year old sing "jingle bells" to my 8 month old. Hey, its not Christmas time, but i was impressed she remebered the song. We made our way through the store, me pushing one cart and pulling the other. Very matter of factly putting back all the food the kids were attempting to toss into the basket. As we approched the meat aisle, i noticed something. I was getting more looks than usual. More than the "i pity u look" or "that lady is crazy" look, this was a different look. I turned around, and there, in the middle of Giants meat aisle, was a diaper filled with poop, and my 2 year old's naked butt, for all the world to see! I gasped, my heart fell into my stomach, and i ran to get the diaper. Now not only was this a poopy diaper, but it was a monster of a turd!!!! I didnt know what to do, i panicked. So i just put the diaper back on her and quickly made my way through the rest of the store. Sometimes, there are just no words.

1 comment: